Sometimes we opted for free trial app from Google play store without reading any terms and conditions. And sometimes its causes sudden deduction from google play store account from already added credit card or debit card.
Few days back I've also faced same kind of issues. I was opted for Magi+ app for 3 days free trial. But after expire of that trial period, its suddenly deducted $65.99 from my account and forcefully subscribed me as a premium member for one year. Then instantly I searched in google for their refund policy and the same time I contacted through mail with that app developer.
So after lot of search I found this below process to launch a refund ticket in google play store.
- On your computer, go to play.google.com/store/account.
- Click Order History.
- Find the order you want to return.
- On the order, click More More.
- Select Request a refund or Report a problem and choose the option that describes your situation.
- Complete the form and note that you would like a refund.
- You will see a message saying "Thank you for sharing your concerns." You'll then get an email with your refund decision. You’ll usually get this within 15 minutes, but it can take up to four business days.
So this is the conventional process for get a refund from Google play store.
But now I'm telling one process which actually works lot faster than this process. First of all just launch a refund ticket by following the upper mentioned process. Then simply call to this number 18001088485 and Google customer support first verify your call by asking date of birth and address pin code then they will ask your problem.
And that time you need to tell them that you mistakenly opted for trial period and its deducted money from your Google play store account.Then they will verify your ticket and if everything is right then they will accept your refund instantly, which will take 3-5 days to credited that amount into your bank.
If this blog helped you in any way simply share this with your friend whoever facing this kind of issues.